San Jose State University’s Human Rights Institute released Silicon Valley Pain Index which provides a look at disparities among White, Black, Latino and Asian populations in the Silicon Valley.
Key appalling statistics with respect to education for the underserved include the following:
- 14.9% Blacks do not complete high school
- 20.8% Latinos do not complete high school
- 31% White children are not proficient in Math
- 67% Black children are not proficient in Math
- 75% Latino children are not proficient in Math
This is an opportunity for all of us to fix this and do better.
Here is the press release from San Jose State University.
Here is the entire document.